Have a question? We might have an answer.
1. Where are you located?
We are currently working out of our home in Norfolk, Virginia, thus we are only available to do deliveries at the present time. It's our goal to move into a store front within the next year.
2. Is there a phone number to reach you at?
At the present time we do not have a business number. Also, with us still working our full time jobs during the day, we ask that inquiries be made via email. Once we have a phone number established, we will let you know!
3. Do you only do custom cakes?
Not at all, we offer custom cupcakes, cake pops/balls, pies and cheesecakes.
4. How much are you custom cakes?
Good question. The truth is, each person has different needs and as such, each pricing will be different, however, we are happy to provide the break down to the pricing. Please keep in mind that some of this pricing may not apply to everyone or every order:
- Price of Cake ($35, $45, $55, $65)
- Design Fee ($25.00)
- Decorating Time ($25.00 per hour)
- Standard Flavors (same price as cake)
- Specialty Flavors (additional $10.00 to cake price, if alcoholic then it will depend on the price of the alcohol)
- Color of cake (free of charge)
- Shape of cake (free of charge)
If you would like to get a quote for your order, please email us or visit our Quote's page to request a quote. Below is a list of addition information we'll ask in order to build your quote.
- How many it needs to feed
- Preference to Icing, gum paste or fondant
- Preferred layers within a tier
5. How far will you deliver to?
As of right now we service the Hampton Roads/Tidewater Area of Virginia, however we are willing to also as far North as Richmond, VA and South to Elizabeth City, NC for an additional fee.
6. Can we email you directly?
Sure you can. Please send emails to email@example.com.
7. Do you make Gluten-free items?
As of the moment, no. We are looking into how we can adjust some of our recipes to make them gluten-free.
8. We get the "cakes" part of your name, but what about the "crafts"?
So happy you asked. Before we joined up to become DC Designs, my partner and I were doing our own things. One of us did the baking and jewelry, while the other did fine art and graphics. We hope to also sell our arts and crafts online as well as our baked goods.